12.20.2010

Steady Stream of Energy


I woke up this morning way too early to Liam. Peter responded by scooping him up and acquiescing his request to sleep in our bed, only Peter went back to sleep in Liam’s bed. Normally this is a non issue, but this morning, Liam would not go back to sleep. For three hours as dawn crept in he talked, poked, and tossed, waking me each time I began to drift off to sleep. I woke up a zombie. A zombie with a perplexing question on her mind…how do moms keep steady energy day in and day out? Right now it seems like I have days when I am at turbo and then days when I can’t imagine making it through with out a coffee, a coke and some chocolate and this pregnancy those handicaps are beginning to show themselves. UGH!

So what do you do to keep an even flow of energy in your daily life? I want the flow of energy that is constant and more at high gear than low. I know some of it is resisting the caffeine, and going for the better foods; resisting the curl up and vegetate and going for the hike; resisting the “I don’t know how I will make it through today,” thoughts to gratitude for another day with the littles who will be big soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Here's what I do: sleep, run/yoga/ride, and write. Be present and breathe. Focus on gratitude, and don't bring chocolate into the house!!!

    ReplyDelete